Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. The Laffy Taffy Your Jokes, Our Wrapper Campaign is sponsored by Ferrara Candy Company, 404 W Harrison St., #650, Chicago, IL 60607. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 & older. Begins 12:00 a.m. ET on 8/16/22 & ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 9/16/22. To enter, visit the microsite, complete the registration form and submit your own original joke. For official rules, visit laffytaffy.com/yourjokes.
THE LAFFY TAFFY YOUR JOKES, OUR WRAPPER CAMPAIGN OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Laffy Taffy Your Jokes, Our Wrapper Campaign (the “Contest”) starts August 16, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends September 16, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, officers and directors, of Ferrara Candy Company (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator”), Day One Perspective, LLC d/b/a The Day One Agency, Sponsor’s advertising, public relations, promotional agencies and any other entities involved in the administration, execution, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively the “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members of such employees/officers/directors (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings whether biological, adopted, “step,” or in-law) and those living in the same household of such employees/officers/directors, are not eligible to enter or win a prize in the Contest. Employees, officers and directors of any of the affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors of said Contest Parties and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest are also not eligible to enter or win a prize in the Contest, nor are their immediate family members or household members. Void where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding in all respects.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, you may visit laffytaffy.com/yourjokes (the “Site”) to complete the registration form, which includes submitting your own original joke, including a setup and punchline (setup and punchline must be 50 characters or less each, totaling 100 characters or less, including numbers, spaces, and punctuation) (the “Joke”) to receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the Contest.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person. Entries in excess of that limit will be disqualified if discovered by Sponsor. Only the authorized person associated with the upload of the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. If the authorized account holder of the email address account denies being the Entrant, the Entry will be disqualified. The Entry must: 1) be complete to be eligible; 2) be the work of the Entrant (and cannot be found online, from any comedians or in any joke books or sites). Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Joke qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering, you understand and agree that your Entry may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted online for the public to view on any and all websites including without limitation Sponsor-selected sites. As applicable, normal Internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/mobile service will apply.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: By submitting an Entry, you hereby acknowledge and agree that your Entry, and all right, title and interest therein, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights therein, becomes the property of the Sponsor (and full ownership is assigned to them) with no further compensation provided or owed to you, as Entrant or winner. You hereby expressly disclaim any interest in the Entry and agree not to assert any moral rights under applicable copyright or other comparable law. Further, you hereby grant the Sponsor all rights and ownership to the Entry so they may edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, post, broadcast, display, adapt, create derivative works based upon (including, without limitation, translations), publicly display, publicly perform, and publish the Entry (in whole or in part) and/or otherwise exploit the Entry in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice or any compensation to such Entrant as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate including, without limitation, (a) in connection with Sponsor’s business; and (b) in connection with the businesses of Sponsor’s successors, parents, subsidiaries, and their related companies. Sponsor may exercise this grant in any format, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such entry. Sponsor may exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse your Entry, name, Joke, and biographical material including, but not limited to, all materials submitted in connection with the Contest in any and all media, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation to participant or any third party and participant agree to execute any necessary documents confirming such rights and ownership at Sponsor’s reasonable request. Entries may be posted on the Sponsor’s website or the Site and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor/Judges (as applicable), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Entries will not be accepted as an Entry in the Contest if Sponsor or Administrator determines in their sole discretion that the Joke does not fully comply with the following content requirements.
- Includes content that may infringe or potentially infringe the trademark or copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party other than Laffy Taffy) or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights;
- References or depicts another person (including their name or image) without their consent (if such person is a minor in his/her/their jurisdiction of residence, the consent of his/her/their parent or legal guardian);
- Includes content that demeans, insults, or denigrates another individual because of his/her/their race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender/gender identification, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or other classification protected under law;
- Includes content that is pornographic, sexually suggestive, profane, obscene, lewd, or otherwise inappropriate;
- Includes content that is disparaging or defamatory to Sponsor or any person, living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity;
- Includes content that espouses a religious or political view of any kind or any other controversial subject matter;
- Includes consumption of alcohol or drug use, acts of violence, or animal cruelty;
- Includes content that is illegal;
- Includes personal information about entrant or any other person, such as full name, email address, phone number or street address;
- Includes any content that has been previously published (including on previous Laffy Taffy wrappers);
- Includes any content that was submitted via automated, script, macro or robotic entries;
- Includes any content that reflects negatively on or adversely affects the business reputation and goodwill of Sponsor or its Laffy Taffy candy or any of its other products.
Any Entry not in compliance with the above and that does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. A prospective entrant will NOT be notified if his/her/their Joke is deemed to be unacceptable and does not result in Entry.
- JUDGING/WINNER DETERMINATION: Up to one (hundred and fifty (150) Finalists (“Finalists”) will be determined from among all eligible Entries by the Administrator, whose decision is final on all matters relating to the judging, based on the following criteria: 40% Humor; 40% Originality/Creativity; and 20% Relevance to Brand Values (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). A Sponsor-selected panel of judges will then conduct judging of the 150 Finalists based on the same Judging Criteria listed above to determine one (1) Grand Prize winner and one hundred (100) First Prize winners. In the event of a tie score in any round, the tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on Humor (100%).
- Examples of the “Relevance to Brand” judging parameter include:
- We believe in multi-generational humor, whether you’re 7 or 77, our jokes are sure to make you LOL.
- We believe in LOL inducing jokes, our jokes should turn your chuckle to a chortle.
- We believe in being tastefully inclusive — come one, come all! Laffter is better when it’s shared, and we love to share with everyone.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): The Grand Prize winner will get the opportunity to potentially have their winning Joke printed on future Laffy Taffy wrapper productions, as well as receive a bag of custom Mini Bars featuring the Grand Prize winner’s Joke, $5,000 awarded as a check and an image of their winning wrapper joke signed by T-Pain. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $5,005. First Prizes (100 total): The First Prize winners will get the opportunity to potentially have their winning Joke printed on future Laffy Taffy wrapper productions, as well as receive a bag of custom Mini Bars featuring the First Prize winners’ Jokes (ARV: $5 each). The Grand and First Prize winners will not receive any payment for the winning Joke they have entered as part of the Contest. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person. All details of the prizes (including duration of time joke is printed on wrappers and total amount) are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guaranty of any kind. Prizes are nontransferable and may not be substituted or redeemed for cash. No substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received, but under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded.
- GENERAL: Judges’ decisions are final and not appealable with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via email (or email link). Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and liability and publicity release (where legal) and assignment of rights (“Declaration”), except where prohibited, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. If the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to return the completed Declaration within forty-eight (48) hours, or if Declaration is returned as undeliverable or if the potential Grand Prize Winner is deemed ineligible, an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be determined based on the next highest score. The Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the value of the Grand Prize. First Prizes will automatically ship to First Prize winners to the address provided at the time of registration. The prizes of the bags of custom Mini Bars will be delivered in approximately Early November after verification. Return of any prize as undeliverable will result in disqualification and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, alternate winner determination. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entrance process or who fails to conduct him/herself in a proper or sportsmanlike manner, as determined solely by Sponsor. Winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release and hold harmless all of the Contest Parties and each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of the prizes or participation in any event associated with the Contest or with any prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, Entries (including any possible public relations opportunities) and any subsequent use of printed jokes, in any media throughout the world without prize, incentive, consideration, consent, or review, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering, Entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Any failure by Sponsor to enforce any of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates these Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or damaged Entries or communications. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network or telephone connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic/telephone communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will determine the winners based on the judging criteria from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. If there is a conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any marketing or other materials used in connection with the Contest, the terms of these Official Rules will govern.
- DISPUTES: As a condition of entering the Contest, Entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect, consequential, special and exemplary damages, and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, or any other damages, any right to injunctive, or other forms of equitable relief (including the right to suspend or stop the conduct of the Contest as contemplated herein), 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Illinois or County of Cook (State of Illinois), 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs, and 4) Entrant consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action . SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- WINNER: For the Grand Prize winner’s name (“Winner List”), available for ninety (90) days after September 30, 2022, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with “Laffy Taffy Your Jokes, Our Wrapper Campaign” as the subject line. Winner List will be sent after the prize has been awarded.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of the Contest is Ferrara Candy Company, 404 W Harrison Street, Suite #650, Chicago, IL 60607. The Administrator of this Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.